Did you say TED talks for paddlers? What is downtime??
If it’s windy out on the water, or you can’t get down to the lake for a float during daylight hours – there are plenty of videos online with excellent tips and tricks to develop your paddling technique, as well as inspiring paddling footage from around the world to fill a gap in your downtime.
We’re building up a little library of the ones we like here – including this ERG demonstration from our very own club coach, Gavin Elmiger!
We also recommend checking out videos created by surf ski and canoe manufacturers, as well as the International Canoe Federation’s YouTube site Planet Canoe, where you will often be able to cheer on our New Zealand teams via LIVE online feeds for Canoe Sprint, Canoe Marathon, Canoe Slalom and Canoe Polo. Whoop!
- Mental Health Benefits of Canoeing and Kayaking – British Canoeing
- Canoe vs Kayak Sprint explained – Planet Canoe
- Epic – video series from Greg Barton & Clint Robinson
- SportsScene TV – K1 Stroke and Body Technique
- Canoe and Kayak – Lisa Carrington Technique
- Vaaka Cadence – Lifting the cadence
- Paracanoe at the Sprint Canoe World Championships – Planet Canoe
- Gillette World Sport – Guide to K1 with Olympic Champion Marcus Walz
- Surf ski remount – Teneale Hatton